Bose and Apple seem to go hand in hand, with Apple retail stores and its online store displaying many of Bose’s products that range from earphones to headphones and computer speakers. As harmonious as their relationship may seem, it looks like Bose may have plans to take on Apple’s AirPlay and Sonos in terms of wireless streaming of music to speakers.
A recent event invite sent to ThisIsMyNext and a recent Best Buy roadmap leaked they uncovered seems to suggest a possible AirPlay and Sonos competitor. Come October 16th, according to the roadmap leak, Best Buy will be receiving a new in-store display for a Bose product which is called the Chihuahua, which we’re guessing is more than likely to be a codename for something small. Based on Best Buy’s description of the product as being “a new technology (wireless) MP3 speaker docking station that is ultra small,” the codename Chihuahua does seem to fit pretty well.
It even goes on to describe how the Chihuahua will showcase the Bose SoundLink wireless Mobile Speaker System. According to ThisIsMyNext, it seems that the Chihuahua will also feature technology that has been designed to create deeper bass and louder volumes when the sound is reflected off walls and furnitures, which we have to admit sounds rather impressive.
However all of this remains to be proven, so until the Bose event begins on the 15th of September or the Best Buy display has been put up on the 16th of October, I guess we will have to take this information at face value and see for ourselves if and when the Bose Chihuahua hits the shelves.
- 2014-04-10: Google Play Music Integrated Into Sonos
- 2014-03-18: New Sonos Controller App Aims To Make Music Discovery Simpler
- 2014-01-05: Digital Music Sales Experiences A Drop For The First Time
- 2013-12-16: What Do We Associate The Sonos Play:1 With? [Promoted]
- 2012-10-05: US court to rule on digital content resales in ReDigi vs EMI case, could set a legal precedent
- 2012-05-31: Digital music sales surpass CDs at long last in Britain
- 2012-05-30: Play-A-Grill transforms bling into an MP3 player
- 2012-04-05: Musician Neil Young interested in creating a music format of his own
- 2011-04-19: Sonos Android App Released. iOS Version gets Airplay