Whenever you hear word that a phone has “4G” connectivity – it would be best to do more research on the handset and see whether it is just “marketing 4G” being bandied about, or the real deal. Well, you can always check our previous guide to 4G for more details, but what we’ve learned is this – a China Unicom executive confirmed that Apple’s iPhone 5 will sport 4G connectivity in the form of 21Mbps HSPA+ technology.
This information came about in a photo of a slide by Japanese site PC Watch, where said presentation was done by China Unicom’s Research VP Huan Wenilang at Macworld Asia 2011. Since China Unicom is Apple’s only carrier in China, surely they’d know a thing or two about the next generation iPhone.
Having said that, will the US see HSPA+ iPhones arrive? Who knows, right? Maybe those of us who’re lusting after the new smartphone will keep our fingers crossed this time around. At least the folks in China are assured of getting one…
Next Story: HTC Explorer announced
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2013-04-11: Verizon CEO Claims He Convinced Steve Jobs To Include LTE In The iPhone
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5