Whenever you hear word that a phone has “4G” connectivity – it would be best to do more research on the handset and see whether it is just “marketing 4G” being bandied about, or the real deal. Well, you can always check our previous guide to 4G for more details, but what we’ve learned is this – a China Unicom executive confirmed that Apple’s iPhone 5 will sport 4G connectivity in the form of 21Mbps HSPA+ technology.
This information came about in a photo of a slide by Japanese site PC Watch, where said presentation was done by China Unicom’s Research VP Huan Wenilang at Macworld Asia 2011. Since China Unicom is Apple’s only carrier in China, surely they’d know a thing or two about the next generation iPhone.
Having said that, will the US see HSPA+ iPhones arrive? Who knows, right? Maybe those of us who’re lusting after the new smartphone will keep our fingers crossed this time around. At least the folks in China are assured of getting one…RELATED
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Follow: 4g, china unicom, iphone 4, iPhone 5,
- Seen at: cultofmac