It looks like Comcast has plans to release a new service that allows consumers to watch Live TV from their tablets – as long as it’s connected to their home WiFi network. The service is called AnyPlay, and requires a special Motorola box which takes the live cable stream and sends it directly to the Xfinity TV iPad app over a local wireless network. However, it won’t work over 3G/4G networks or from other locations, so it’s going to be restricted to a home-only service.
Unfortunately AnyPlay will only let users watch live TV on only one tablet at a time, which shouldn’t be a problem unless you live in a house where a lot of people want to watch different live programs at the same time. No word on when it will be released or how much AnyPlay will cost, but we’ll let you know once it’s official.
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Comcast Xfinity TV Go App Will Allow Live Streaming TV Anywhere
- HBO's Game Of Thrones Now Available On Google Play Store
- Apple TV Can Now Use An iOS 7 Device For Stress-Free Setup