Remember the trailer for the zombie game, Dead Island, which was deemed too controversial by some folks? Well, the game has been out for awhile now, but as many who have played the game would realize by now – it’s nothing like the cinematic trailer that was released back in February. Well, for those of you who were hoping for the cinematic experience, we’ve got some good news.
Lionsgate announced that it has obtained the rights to a Dead Island film from the game’s publisher Deep Silver. And instead of just creating a movie based on the game, it looks like the main inspiration of the movie is going to be the cinematic trailer. Lionsgate claims that the movie “will be an innovation of the zombie genre because of its focus on human emotion, family ties and non-linear storytelling” – like the trailer.
No word on the cast and director yet, but Sean Daniel of the Sean Daniel Company – the producer behind The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Tombstone, Dazed and Confused and more – will be producing the Dead Island movie. Seeing how The Mummy Movies have looked pretty good, production value shouldn’t be an issue. No word on a release date either, but you can expect Dead Island to expand into other mediums including novels and graphic novels in the near future. Who’s stoked for a Dead Island movie?
Next Story: Toshiba unveils Thrive 7" Tablet
- 2014-01-19: Paramount To Start Distributing Their Movies In Digital Format In The US
- 2013-11-28: Sony Pictures Registered The Last Of Us Movie Domain
- 2013-10-11: Saints Row 4 Mod Lets You Play In First-Person Mode
- 2013-08-28: Metro: Last Light Headed To Mac On September 10, Linux Later This Year
- 2013-08-20: Saints Row 4 Now Available; Celebrates Launch With Accolades Trailer
- 2013-03-21: Dutch Horror Movie App Encourages Moviegoers To Use Their Phones During The Show
- 2013-02-06: Hitman Movie Reboot To Star Paul Walker
- 2011-12-16: Avatar for iTunes lets you "deconstruct scenes"