How many of you fancy the idea of having dynamite next to your bed to wake you up? Well, not one that will literally blow up and take along half your face with it, but an alarm clock that’s designed like one instead? Mike Krumpus of Nootropic Design has come up with one very interesting alarm clock that’s fashioned to look like bunch of dynamite sticks (like you see in the movies) but with an interesting twist.
Instead of just having a button to turn off the alarm like a regular alarm clock, Mike decided to take a more novel and unconventional route instead, but making users turn off the alarm by cutting its wires (one of the three wires will be do the trick, while the other two will do nothing). If the timer runs out before you manage to defuse the bomb – nothing’s going to happen. But hopefully you’ll be wide awake by then.
Unfortunately the cutting of the wires to disable the bomb means that you’ll need plenty of wire to replace them every time you the clock. Maybe the designer could’ve gone with a keypad combination or something. Either way, it looks very cool, and could probably be used to scare any intruders in the middle of the night. Check out a video of it in action:
- 2013-05-15 tim-E iPhone Alarm Clock
- 2012-04-10 Alarm clock requires PIN code to shut up
- 2012-04-09 Goob Alarm App for Android Guarantees Waking Up
- 2012-02-17 Blender Alarm Clock
- 2011-12-07 Edifier Tick Tock Alarm Clock
- 2011-06-07 LARK helps you wake up in silence
- 2009-09-29 DIY Word Clock
- 2010-01-25 Sleep Remaining Indicator
- 2010-05-06 Woodpecker Alarm Clock