It seems that the leaked Dell Streak Pro that we saw in May earlier this year is very different from the Dell Streak Pro 101DL that has been announced in Japan, where the latter will be a smartphone instead of a tablet device that runs on a dual core 1.5GHz processor while supporting its own cloud service known as “SyncUP” that offers up to 2GB of storage space.
This second generation Streak in the Land of the Rising Sun will feature a 4.3″ Super AMOLED display at qHD resolution (540 × 960 pixels). It has Gorilla Glass to add to the overall toughness, but that doesn’t mean you can just hammer away at the screen without seeing it not suffer a crack or scratch. Available in only one color – black, the back is finished in soft silicone rubber that is non-slip and scratch resistant.
An 8-megapixel camera at the back and a 1.3-megapixel shooter in front for video calls, Wi-Fi connectivity, a microSD memory card slot and Android 2.3 Gingerbread rounds off the list of features as the Dell Streak Pro 101DL arrives in Japan in January next year. [Press Release]
Next Story: LG IPS5 series monitor blows your eyes away
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag