Hardcore fans of Diablo might scoff at the idea of playing their all-time favorite action RPG with anything other than the mouse and keyboard, but it looks like Blizzard seems to think otherwise. PC Gamer recently had a chat with Diablo 3′s game director, Jay Wilson, and it turns out that they’ve actually been doing some testing with the game using an Xbox 360 controller. And according to him, the game seems to feel better. Here’s what he had to say:
“One of the reasons why we’re exploring the idea of a console version of Diablo 3 because we feel that the controls and the style of the game lend itself to a console. With some of our early experiments in putting a direct control scheme into the game via a 360-like analogue controller, I’ve been ‘Oh this feels even better, with direct control…’”
While that may be the case – you don’t have to worry about Blizzard getting rid of the mouse and keyboard setup. Just that if the time comes and they ever port Diablo 3 over to the console, or make gamepad controls available on the PC, it’s not going to play terribly. What are your thoughts on playing Diablo 3 with a gamepad instead of a mouse and keyboard?
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2011-09-23: Diablo 3 beta invitation email phishing scam
- 2011-09-20: Diablo 3 closed beta testing begins today
- 2011-09-13: Diablo 3 Skill Calculator now online
- 2011-09-07: Diablo 3 public beta is "very close"
- 2011-08-25: Diablo 3 official community site launched