If you happen to own a Droid 3 smartphone (which obviously runs on the Android operating system), then you would be pleased to hear news that an impending update will place you in the upper echelons of Android smartphone users. Why so, you ask? Well, it is said that this update will bring around a slew of bug fixes and greater stability, but apart from that, there is also another rare feature that will surely get you talking (and the rest of your mates) – support for Google Talk video chat.
This update will upgrade your phone to build 5.6.890, and this means you can join other Nexus S users who are running on Android 2.3.4 to hold video conversations just in case listening to someone else’s voice is not good enough. I guess the hard-of-hearing community will welcome this update, since they can always sign to one another instead of just texting.
There are also around 30 bug fixes with the update, but you aren’t really interested to know what those are, are you?
- 2014-02-06: Chromebox For Meetings Set To Disrupt Enterprise Video Conferencing
- 2013-10-28: PetChatz Helps You Communicate With Your Pet While You're Gone
- 2013-04-05: Bank of America Improves ATM Experience With Teller Assist Video Chat Feature
- 2013-03-06: Internet Proxy Weddings On The Rise
- 2013-02-15: Logitech TV Cam HD Review
- 2011-08-26: One-click Droid 3 root arrives
- 2011-07-19: Motorola Droid 3 torn apart
- 2011-07-15: Motorola DROID 3 hits Verizon Wireless
- 2011-07-11: GSM Motorola DROID 3 spotted at the FCC?
- 2011-07-07: Motorola DROID 3 has locked bootloader