After all the rumors about the Motorola DROID Bionic being released next week on September 8th, it looks like we finally have some official proof stating the phone’s release date. A Phandroid reader managed to catch Verizon’s TV advertisement for the DROID Bionic, and while it isn’t what we haven’t seen before, the video ends with a date in big bold letters: “[09.08.11]”.
While it doesn’t say launching on/in stores on etc – we’re pretty sure that’s the date we’ll be seeing on sale. After all you don’t build up so much hype for the phone, and then give a date that people can finally pre-order the device and then wait for it some more. Consumers would just be disappointed. What do you think? Video recording of the advert after the break:
Next Story: Callet turns your phone into your wallet
- 2013-12-16: Motorola DROIDs Undergo Soak Test
- 2013-07-16: Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra, MAXX And Mini Could Get July 23rd Announcement
- 2013-02-22: Motorola Droid RAZR And RAZR MAXX To Receive Jelly Bean
- 2012-11-19: Droid DNA Review
- 2012-11-13: Droid DNA Hands-On!
- 2011-09-09: DROID Bionic extended battery doesn't look too bad
- 2011-09-02: Motorola DROID Bionic starts arriving at Verizon stores
- 2011-09-02: DROID Bionic user guide leaks
- 2011-09-01: Motorola DROID Bionic website unlocked
- 2011-08-26: Motorola DROID Bionic official pictures leak