The dream wedding is often something that most little girls have in their mind when growing up, as they wait for Prince Charming to drive up in a Lamborghini (sorry, no more of that shining armor crap in this day and age), ready to whisk her off to a destination holiday for their honeymooon after all the necessary is done. Social networking has also helped made weddings more accessible to family and friends who cannot make it, as those in attendance can provide a blow-by-blow – or should I say, kiss-by-kiss account of what’s going on.
Who however, would have thought of Facebook ever being used to help a bride locate her lost wedding dress? Truth being stranger than fiction sometimes, has once again showed us that nothing is impossible. David Thibault, the co-owner of Island Dogs Bar, was standing outside his bar the other day when a couple of tourists passed him a garment bag after claiming that it had fallen off a truck. Upon opening it, his eyes were greeted by a wedding dress – so what did he do?
He decided to place it on Island Dogs’ Facebook Page, asking his patrons to spread the word around. The message that helped make things right? “Ok. Someone’s wedding dress just fell off a truck in front of island dogs!!! No info on the garment bag. Not sure if this post will work, but if any of you know of a bride looking for her dress we have it at Island Dogs.”
German newlywed Sandra Scharf and her new husband Michael were the recipients of this bit of serendipity after realizing they had lost the dress, which is a good thing too, as the couple would be holding a reception in Germany this November 2nd, whereby the wedding dress is needed. What a great way to push the social media agenda, no? Anyone else wants to share how social media helped save the day?
Next Story: Vizio VTAB1008 firmware update announced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-03-18: MH370 Links On Social Networks Spreading Malware
- 2014-01-21: Facebook News Feed Favors Friends & Pages Vs. Memes
- 2013-11-19: Social Media Experiment Proves How Easy It Is To Find Out Things About A Total Stranger
- 2013-08-25: US Open To Feature Social Media Wall
- 2011-09-29: [Study] Social media believed to be used by most of today's burglars