It looks like HP Employees will have something to cheer about – HP has sent out an email to its employees, informing them that they’ll be able to purchase at least one tablet each from the final batch of the company’s discontinued webOS tablet, the TouchPad. Starting September 28th at 9am PT, HP employees will be able to use the EPP (Employee Purchase Program) store to buy the $99 16GB ($149 32GB) tablet for themselves. They’ll be limited to just one each – I guess this is to prevent employees from purchasing a few and selling them off and to make sure that everyone can get one.
No mention on what about the rest of us who want aren’t HP employees and want to purchase the tablet, but it would be wise to keep an eye out on Best Buy, Amazon, and HP’s website before and after the 28th – you’ll never know when it’ll pop up for sale again. Check out the full letter that was sent to HP Employees over at the source link below.
Next Story: Call of Duty Elite PlayStation 3 beta launched
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-06 HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-08-30 HP will continue supporting the TouchPad
- 2011-08-25 White HP TouchPad spotted in the wild
- 2011-08-23 HP TouchPad to get document editing this week
- 2011-08-21 HP to refund money to TouchPad early adopters