Flickr users with Android phones will be glad to know that they can now access their favorite photo sharing service through an official app. After so many years of being around, Flickr finally has an official app for Android devices. No idea what took them so long but it’s better late than never, right? The app will allow you to share your photographs on Flickr as well as other social networks that you’re connected to i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and WordPress.
And like just about every other photo sharing app available on the market now – you get the option of adding fancy filters to your photographs before you upload them. Maps and tags are also supported on the Android app. While there’s still a lot of features missing i.e. Groups etc, it’s only version 1.0, so give it awhile before you can use it to replace the desktop experience. Download Flickr from the Android Market (free).
In addition to the launch of the Android app, Flickr also introduced a new feature called Photo Session (which unfortunately isn’t available on the Android app yet). Photo Session lets users view the same photographs at the same time (up to 10 guests), where the host chooses which pictures to show to the group. Like a real photo sharing session, except that nobody has to be in the same room. Available on the desktop and on iOS devices, it brings a whole new way to enjoy the Flickr photostream. Find out more.
Next Story: Motorola XOOM 4G LTE upgrade available tomorrow
- 2014-04-24 ARM Expects 64-bit Android Devices By End Of The Year
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-17 Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16 Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted