Great news for those of you who still haven’t gotten an invite to Google+ yet – Google has just announced that as of today, everybody can now have an account on the social network without an invitation. The service which has been in a testing stage for just under 90 days is now completely open to the public. In addition to commemorating the public launch of Google+, Google also listed out a whole bunch of features that should get new users excited about the service.
Hangouts On Air: Google’s video conferencing solution that lets people hang out with stars like will.i.am, Hangouts with extras: new features to improve the video conferencing experience – users can share their screens, share doodles/sketches, Google Docs for people to collaborate on documents together while on video, and Named Hangouts for people to create Hangouts for topics. Google also introduces Search in Google+ which will allow users to search for content on the social network.
If you haven’t got an account on Google+ yet, what are you waiting for? Head there to sign up now.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2012-11-01: Google+ Hangouts gets updated with sidebar feature and colorful notifications
- 2012-04-25: Google+ Revamped with a New Share Button
- 2012-02-29: Google Wallet and Google+ app updates for Android released
- 2012-02-24: Google Voice and Google+ Circles now integrated
- 2012-01-24: Google+ to support alternate names