Google+ was finally opened to everybody a few days ago, and yesterday, it’s been reported that the number of people using the service has increased by 30%! Talk about a massive influx of new users to the service. Calculated by Paul Allen, an unofficial statistician for Google+, he estimates that Google+ now has 43.4 million users. Considering how the service has only been up for a few months, it’s quite an impressive feat (though it’s a long way off from Facebook’s 800 million active users).
With Facebook’s recent introduction of the Timeline profile, the two networks are going to be quite different from one other – which is a good thing in my opinion. After all why would anybody want to use two of the same thing? Google is keeping it simple and minimalistic, while Facebook seems to be going in the opposite direction by letting users add even more about themselves on the network. Both services have their merits, so I guess we’ll continue to see users using Facebook and Google+ instead of completely migrating to one. Have you tried Google+ yet? What do you think of it so far?
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-14 Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2011-08-24 Facebook making more purchases this year to fend off rivals
- 2011-07-19 Google+ ads on Facebook banned
- 2011-07-12 Google+Facebook application developed