Want to connect a USB flash drive to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 directly, but realize that it cannot be done unless it was tinkered with? Don’t worry, there is a way to get around it if you have a penchant for some tinkering, while saving yourself $20 in the process since you need not get the Samsung USB host as you can always construct your own in a Tony Stark moment.
User pokey9000 from the XDA forums has delivered all the relevant information required to build your own USB host from ground up. All you need is a spare USB extender, a Galaxy Tab connector (which goes for $4.99) and a couple of 10k ohm resistors, and you’re good to go. Of course, you can always purchase the full kit for $9.99 and solder everything in their place if that’s the route you prefer to take.
The rest of the instructions can be found here, so if you’re feeling rather free this weekend, why not take up this project, and if you’re successful, you would be able to see the screen as shown above when connecting USB devices?RELATED
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Follow: diy, galaxy tab, samsung galaxy tab, Tablet,
- Seen at: careace.net