If you have yet to hear that HP has given up on webOS, then chances are you were living in some faraway island with no Internet, or you’re just plain disinterested in what’s going on in the tech world that you were drawn to Ubergizmo because of the cool layout and pretty colors – not to mention interesting content, of course. Well, the webOS operating system which powers the HP Pre 3 might be dead, but that doesn’t mean the hardware associated with webOS have seen its sales plummet – on the contrary, the Pre 3 smartphone has already sold out in just six hours after being put back on sale.
Yes sir, at 11pm on its web store, HP mentioned that, “We have sold out of the current inventory available. We will update this page with further information if and as more inventory becomes available.”
Despite sporting a price tag of £169, that clearly did not deter folks from picking up this smartphone, but then again, it remains to be seen just how many of these smartphones were actually put up for sale in the first place – selling out a hundred units might be plausible, but if it was something huge like 50,000 or even double that amount, then it would be far more impressive.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-08-17: UK carriers snub HP Pre 3
- 2011-08-17: Touchstone Audio Dock for HP Pre3 arrives at the FCC
- 2011-08-17: HP Pre 3 now available in Europe
- 2011-08-15: HP Pre 3 shows up on Orange UK website
- 2011-04-26: HP Pre 3 hits the FCC deck