True to its word, HP has made its final batch of TouchPad tablets available to its employees today, unfortunately it seems like HP didn’t expect the huge surge of customers logging in at once to buy the super-cheap tablet. It has been reported that the web store slowed to a crawl due to the large number of employees on the site trying to get a tablet for themselves.
But HP did mention that there would be enough TouchPad tablets to go around – at least one per employee, so it makes you wonder what the rush was all about. A tipster who fed webOSroundup.com the information mentioned that it took him nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes just to place an order, while many more employees were unable to make their purchase.
No word on what the site is like now, or whether there are any TouchPads left for non-employees to order, but we’ll keep you posted. Any HP employees out there who managed to place an order for the HP TouchPad?RELATED
- HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Tablet Is Now Official
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Follow: HP, hp touchpad, sale, touchpad, webos,
- Seen at: webosroundup