True to its word, HP has made its final batch of TouchPad tablets available to its employees today, unfortunately it seems like HP didn’t expect the huge surge of customers logging in at once to buy the super-cheap tablet. It has been reported that the web store slowed to a crawl due to the large number of employees on the site trying to get a tablet for themselves.
But HP did mention that there would be enough TouchPad tablets to go around – at least one per employee, so it makes you wonder what the rush was all about. A tipster who fed webOSroundup.com the information mentioned that it took him nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes just to place an order, while many more employees were unable to make their purchase.
No word on what the site is like now, or whether there are any TouchPads left for non-employees to order, but we’ll keep you posted. Any HP employees out there who managed to place an order for the HP TouchPad?
Next Story: Sprint releases LG Marquee video overview
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-06 HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30 HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
- 2011-09-19 Final batch of HP TouchPads to go to HP employees first
- 2011-08-30 HP will continue supporting the TouchPad
- 2011-08-29 QuickOffice update for HP TouchPad now live (updated)