HP, like the whole industry, is pushing All-in-One PCs both for consumers and small businesses. According to HP, the All-in-One PC segment has a 40% penetration rate in the US desktop PC market (retail).
Today and for the third time, HP is refreshing its TouchSmart lineup with the introduction of the HP TouchSmart 320 (20-inch), HP TouchSmart 420 (21.5-inch) and HP TouchSmart 520 (23-inch) on the consumer side and the HP TouchSmart Elite 7320 (21.5inch) on the business side.
The most noticeable innovation is the unique design of the new stand that tilts up to 30 degrees and offers a nice spot below the display to hide the keyboard when it is not in use. Additionally, HP touts the new TouchSmart lineup to be the thinnest Single Volume All-in-One in the market.
With the obvious goal of making computers accessible to a larger number of people, including low-tech users, HP is coming up with a series of custom designed user interfaces on top of Windows across all its new lineups that aims to provide a user friendly experience.
The new 5.0 TouchSmart software offers large and well integrated icons to quickly access Windows applications and built-for-touch apps (see photo). Additionally, the new version displays the TouchSmart environment and Windows on the same screen, before users had to switch from one to the other on different screens.
Additional new features include HP Beats Audio and the ability to link a laptop wirelessly using HP LinkUp. The TouchSmart 520 or 610 can be paired with the optional HP Pulse Subwoofer (photo gallery).
Targeting small businesses, the HP TouchSmart Elite 7320 (photo above) features a 21.5-inch diagonal, full HD widescreen, LED back-lit touch display; second-generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors; and the HP TouchSmart Suite, alongside access to 24/7 Elite-accredited support with the HP Elite Premium Support program. The HP TouchSmart Elite 7320 looks like the consumer version design-wise but offers additional security and support features. Visit www.hp.com/go/desktops for more information.
Pricing and availability
- The HP TouchSmart 320 will be available on Oct. 2 in the United States, price starts at $599.99.
- The HP TouchSmart 420 will be available on Sept. 11 in the United States price starts at $699.99.
- The HP TouchSmart 520 PCs will be available on Sept. 11 in the United States price starts at $899.99.
- The HP Pulse Subwoofer will be available on Sept. 21 in the United States price starts at $149.99.
- The HP TouchSmart Elite 7320 PCs will be available on Sept. 21 in the United States price starts at $850.
HP TouchSmart Elite 7320 features highlights
Editor’s note – please go to hp.com to verify which model/options carry those features, the cheapest price point may not have all of them
- Operating System: Windows 7 (various versions options)
- CPU: Second-generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processors
- GPU: Intel HD integrated graphics or discrete: NVIDIA GeForce 5xx (1GB); NVIDIA GeForce GT 5xx (2GB); AMD Radeon HD 6450A (1GB); AMD Radeon HD 6550A (2GB)
- Memory: up to 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Hard drive: 250GB to 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s (7200 rpm); 1.5TB to 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s (5400 rpm); 250GB to 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s (7200 rpm); 1.5TB to 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s (5400 rpm)
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi b/g/n
- Ports and connectors:
> Mini card with Bluetooth Combo
> 4 rear USB 2.0;
> 2 side USB 3.0; S
> stereo audio headphone jack; Stereo audio line out;
> Coaxial cables for tuner;
> IR blaster;
> Power connector;
> RJ-45 Ethernet;
> 6-in-1 Media Card Reader
-Dimensions With stand 16.8 x 8.7 x 21.5 in 42.67 x 22.1 x 54.61 cm
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2013-07-08: Lenovo ThinkCentre M93z All-in-One (AIO) Desktop PC
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2011-11-15: HP ENVY New Generation
- 2011-11-07: HP TouchSmart 620 3D PC
- 2011-09-07: HP Omni 120 and HP Omni 220 All-in-One PCs