HTC has just rolled out a Media Link ROM Update for a couple of its smartphones, the HTC Desire HD and the HTC Sensation, where you will be able to download it from here. The entire download will weigh in at 140MB, so if you’re going to get it, make sure your phone has enough battery left inside if connected via 3G, otherwise I would recommend taking the Wi-Fi route.
This updated ROM for HTC Media Link will bump the version number up to 220.127.116.11, where you will need to press the power button for a long time when it is plugged into an AC outlet to enter the device in fastboot mode. From there, run RUU on the PC. The entire update process will take around 3 minutes, and it is imperative that you do not interrupt the update process by disconnecting the device from the PC or pressing any buttons until the process is finished – otherwise, you will most probably end up with a brick.
As usual, make sure you make a backup of your phone and all the essential information in there before performing any software update. You never know when Murphy might strike, right?
Next Story: Samsung avoids webOS
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2012-07-27 HTC explains why the Desire HD won't be getting ICS
- 2012-03-21 HTC Sensation with Ice Cream Sandwich sees massive jump in camera performance
- 2012-03-08 HTC Sensation gets Ice Cream Sandwich in Nordic countries
- 2012-02-23 Android 4.0 test build for HTC Sensation and Sensation XE
- 2012-02-15 HTC Sensation to receive early Ice Cream Sandwich preview