HTC has just rolled out a Media Link ROM Update for a couple of its smartphones, the HTC Desire HD and the HTC Sensation, where you will be able to download it from here. The entire download will weigh in at 140MB, so if you’re going to get it, make sure your phone has enough battery left inside if connected via 3G, otherwise I would recommend taking the Wi-Fi route.
This updated ROM for HTC Media Link will bump the version number up to 188.8.131.52, where you will need to press the power button for a long time when it is plugged into an AC outlet to enter the device in fastboot mode. From there, run RUU on the PC. The entire update process will take around 3 minutes, and it is imperative that you do not interrupt the update process by disconnecting the device from the PC or pressing any buttons until the process is finished – otherwise, you will most probably end up with a brick.
As usual, make sure you make a backup of your phone and all the essential information in there before performing any software update. You never know when Murphy might strike, right?RELATED
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Analyst Thinks Cost Is Why BlackBerry Can't Shut Down Its Ailing Hardware Division
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Follow: HTC, htc desire hd, htc sensation,