Pretty much everybody is on Facebook right now and it looks like Hyundai is going to tap into the massive network with a new marketing tool, according to a report from CNET. According to its sources, Hyundai has plans to add four new car-buying tools to its Facebook fan page, that will let car buyers (or anybody who feels like it) crowdsource for the opinions of their friends when it comes to purchasing a new Hyundai car.
Since most people usually ask for the opinions of their friends when it comes to buying a vehicle, a car-buying app on Facebook makes a lot of sense for the car manufacturer. Users will have their friends already connected to them, and it would take a few clicks just to ask for their opinions. With the app, buyers can select their models, vehicle configuration, compare vehicles and even locate dealers. They can even customize a car and post the model to their wall to get opinions.
While the tools will make it extremely convenient for users who have difficulty making up their minds when it comes to car shopping, we think it’s an even greater viral marketing tool for Hyundai. After all, when people start seeing the Hyundai app popping up on their newsfeeds, they’ll be more inclined to check it out, especially if they’re in the process of looking for a new car. The tools may not guarantee more sales for the company but it will definitely increase its exposure by a long stretch. Hyundai’s car buying tools will be available sometime later this week.
Next Story: Call of Duty XP officially sold out
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Achieves 1 Billion Mobile Users Each Month
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-02-25 Venom Is World’s Fastest Production Car
- 2013-08-12 Upside Down Car Unveiled
- 2013-06-26 Wireless Dash Warning Light Warns You Of Slowing Traffic
- 2013-06-06 This 1984 Dodge Colt Has Been Modified To Look Like A Bumper Car
- 2013-03-12 iPad Used To Drive A Car In Russia
- 2011-02-08 Chevrolet Cruze lets you stay connected while on the road