Intel might have temporarily stopped all development on their MeeGo platform, but that does not mean they are no longer interested in the mobile marketplace. No sir, in fact, the smartphone market might just heat up in the future if Intel has their way with their E6XX range of Atom processors which are said to be able to support Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Yes sir, does this mean we will be sporting smarpthones that have Intel’s Atom processor inside, with a sticker saying so on its exterior? Perhaps, but that will still be a long, long way before it is realized. In the meantime, it is much more feasible to see this new Atom processor with Gingerbread support run in retail stores, digital signage as well as in-vehicle systems.
What do you think? Should Intel just concentrate on the MeeGo platform instead of looking elsewhere? Perhaps they figured out that Android being widely used and adopted would be a better place to start with, since folks are far more familiar with Android than Meego. This is definitely not a case where familiarity breeds contempt, that’s for sure.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Microsoft Launches Another Scroogled Campaign Against The Chromebook
- Linutop 5 Fanless Mini Linux Desktop
- Thecus N2310 NAS Sips On Just 5W Of Power
- Acer Z3-600 AIO Desktop Announced
- Follow: android 2.3, atom, gingerbread, intel, intel atom,
- Seen at: asnowtech