Earlier today we reported that according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who told AppleInsider, it seems that the iPhone 5 will be sporting a design closely resembling the iPhone 4 along with 512MB of RAM. Now it seems that Ming-Chi Kuo has told AppleInsider another juicy piece of information regarding the release of iOS 5.
According to the analyst, iOS 5 will be seeing its Golden Master status in the last week of September, or to be more precise, between the 23rd of September and the 30th of September. For those unfamiliar, Golden Master status basically refers to the last and final build of the software that is expected to make its way onto the hardware, assuming of course nothing major crops up at the last minute.
The software is expected to make its way to overseas assemblers who will then install it on the hardware and prepare the iPhone 5 for shipping, with an estimated 10-12 days to reach the states, Ming-Chi Kuo stated that the devices are likely to be made available by mid-October.
The general consensus regarding the iPhone 5’s release is around October. Some are saying first week, some are saying mid October, while a previous Best Buy leak seemed to suggest late October, but I guess basically October is the agreed upon month that many believe will be when the iPhone 5 is launched, although this mid-October release seems to coincide with O2 supposedly launching the iPhone 5 on the 21st of October.
Once again with all things Apple, we really can’t tell what’s true and what’s false until the company comes forward and acknowledges the rumors, so it looks like we will have to take this at face value for now.
- 2012-09-20: Google says iOS Google Maps in App Store hopefully "before Christmas"
- 2012-02-15: Siri does Japanese language now?
- 2012-01-18: Whited00r installs iOS 5 on original iPhone, 3G, and iPod touch without jailbreak
- 2012-01-17: iOS 5.1 Beta 3 code makes references to iPad 3 and Facebook
- 2011-12-27: iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released
- 2011-09-25: iPhone 5 announcement happens at Apple HQ in Cupertino
- 2011-09-16: Apple retail employees to begin training for iOS 5 and iCloud?
- 2011-09-09: Another purported iPhone 5 spotted in China
- 2011-09-08: iPhone 4 shipping times increased, iPhone 5 imminent?
- 2011-09-06: iOS 5 and iCloud training commences – iPhone 5 launch near?