You can be more or less sure that you will be the toast of the crowd once you successfully implement this particular mod for your iPhone 4 – that is, to get the Apple logo at the back glowing. After all, this would by far help you stand out from the rest, even though others decide to spray paint their iPhones in all sorts of zany colors and designs. British iDevice repair service iPatch is the brain behind this mod, where it will let the Apple logo light up whenever the screen does, similar to how the MacBook’s Apple logo lights up when opened.
They definitely aren’t going to let go of this secret, with the director of iPatch saying that it is “a complete secret” (like Coca Cola’s recipe, perhaps?) and “very tricky to replicate. It’s not something that could be done at home without specialist equipment.” Guess budding enthusiasts might want to give this a pass, and hand their smartphone over to iPatch to get the job done. It takes several hours for the entire mod to be completed and work fine, and at least you are able to choose the color of your glowing Apple.
Bear in mind that when you trick out your iPhone 4, it will void its warranty, but you can always reverse the process if you decide a glowing Apple logo is no longer your cup of tea. Folks living in the UK will have to fork out between £50 and £100 to get the job done, and others living overseas can mail their precious handset in for modding.
- 2013-12-11: Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers
- 2013-09-24: Tron Legacy-Themed Nintendo 64
- 2013-09-17: This Modified SUV Puts Backseat Drivers In Control Of The Vehicle
- 2013-06-19: Sony Xperia Z Gets Physical Shutter Button Via Mod
- 2011-12-16: iPhone Apple logo glow mod available for $42.90
- 2011-11-25: iPhone 4 is made in Brazil now
- 2011-09-14: iPhone 4 thinner than Samsung Galaxy S2, so says Advertising Standards Authority
- 2011-01-23: The iPhone 4's new clothes
- 2010-10-18: iPod touch turned into iPhone 4