If you’re an extreme sports fanatic and would like to capture yourself performing death defying jumps and tricks from your point of view, there’s a good chance you’ll probably have to invest in some pretty expensive gear. However if all you have on you is an iPhone 4 and $50 to spare, perhaps this Action Case could be just what you need while on a budget.
It was developed by Matt who came about this idea while snowboard in Utah last year. Unwilling to spend tons of money on GoPro (which is a series of wearable digital cameras) gear, he instead decided to come up with something similar that would not only be more affordable, but allow those with iPhone 4s to use them without the need to purchase additional equipment (apart from the case itself).
The iPhone 4 isn’t exactly the most durable of cameras, no thanks to the front and back glass panels, so what the Action Case does is that it protects your iPhone 4 while you do 360 degree backflips on your BMX bike. It is made out of polypropylene plastic and held together with stainless steel pins, and the good news is that it fits perfectly on GoPro mounts, which is a sight cheaper than the cameras themselves.
Granted there are more professional equipment out there but if you’re on a budget and you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a wearable digital camera, perhaps donating to Matt’s Kickstarter project will see the Action Case made into reality.
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-12-07: Speck's MightyVault case for the iPhone 4/4S looks rugged
- 2011-12-06: Mofone iPhone case allows for a better grip, may cause weird looks
- 2011-11-15: G-Form enclosed iPad survives a 1,300 foot drop
- 2011-11-09: Vooma Peel PG92 brings dual-SIM capabilities to your iPhone
- 2011-10-14: Monolith iPhone 4 case with built-in projector