While the iPhone 4s/5 has yet to be officially confirmed (rumors don’t really count), it’s only natural that if Apple were to roll out a new handset this year, they would at the same time start to cut down on production of the previous generation’s model. The iPhone 4 has consistently been listed as 24 hours shipping time in the past, but it seems that the time has been increased to 1-3 days.
The two carriers who are carrying the iPhone 4, AT&T and Verizon, have both listed the iPhone 4’s estimated shipping time to be between 1-3 business days. This apparently applies to the unlocked GSM version of the iPhone 4, and based on the trends of the past where MacBook Pro shipments were increased to 3-5 days before the new models were unveiled, it would not be a stretch to think that the increased shipping time in the iPhone 4 may be signaling a lack of stock, which in turn may mean that the iPhone 4s/5’s launch is imminent.
However this is merely speculation and there could be numerous reasons as to why there is an increase in shipping time for the iPhone 4. But if we wanted to look at this from a positive point of view, it looks like the iPhone 5 may indeed be upon us in the upcoming weeks.
Next Story: NuForce Icon iDo headphone amp
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Service Plan Price Cut To Match AT&T
- 2014-01-20: Verizon Shared Data Plans Get New Tier Tomorrow
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-11-16: AT&T customers remain loyal despite competition
- 2011-07-25: iPhone 4 is still selling well
- 2011-04-05: Verizon iPhone 4 owners report fewer dropped calls than those on AT&T