Apple has confirmed that they will be making their iPhone 5 announcement in Cupertino, California at the place where it is most comfortable with – their very own headquarters. This announcement will be made this coming October 4th which we reported on earlier, and it will be a departure from the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, which Apple did use before to make major announcements for new products. No idea on why the venue has changed, but better a change in venue than release date, right?
An announcement does not automatically translate to a product release in stores, so there is still no confirmed information on when exactly is the iPhone 5 hitting retail stores, but next months is a good bet for many people.
As we reported earlier, Apple also did block out vacation dates for their employees in two blocks – from October 9 to 12 and from October 14 to 15, which is another pointer towards the iPhone 5′s imminent release during those dates. Are you all stoked up already?
Next Story: Netflix gets Dreamworks from HBO
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-10-12: iOS 5 Update Problems
- 2011-10-12: iOS 5 download is now available
- 2011-09-06: iOS 5 and iCloud training commences – iPhone 5 launch near?
- 2011-08-09: Apple iOS 5 beta 6 coming this August 17th
- 2011-06-13: Next generation iPhone in final testing stage?