We reported last week that the iPhone’s iconic home button will not see any change in the 5th iteration of the smartphone, but perhaps that pronouncement might come a wee bit too early if the latest rumors were to be believed. It seems that another fresh round of rumors point towards a redesigned, horizontally-elongated home button, which is going to be a departure from the perfectly square home button in iPhones past.
This would definitely come as a shocker, and I can predict fans starting pages on Facebook to ask for the old school home button back in the next version of the iPhone almost immediately if the particular rumor turns out to be true. Perhaps there is a reason to this alleged madness, as a larger display would mean less room at the bottom of the phone – so an elongated button makes perfect sense, albeit it might take some getting used to aesthetically at first.
What do you think? Is it a stretch (pun not intended) of the imagination to think that the iPhone 5′s home button will be different from its previous four iterations?
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12 ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain
- 2013-09-02 Wal-Mart iPhone 5 And iPad Prices Slashed