It seems that being in China is not such a bad thing after all – especially when you consider the most recent spate of rumors that claim China Telcom is already starting to prepare for the iPhone 5′s arrival, having trained their staff to accept orders for the phone at the end of September. Not only that, other sources point towards China’s third largest carrier that they have already announced the availability of the iPhone 5 at one of its stores – despite official sales starting only in October.
Being the third largest carrier in China means you have considerable weight to throw around – after all, that means they are bigger than Verizon Wireless, and that makes them the world’s biggest CDMA carrier. It is said that China Telecom will most probably move over a million iPhone 5 handsets before the year is over.
Phew! That’s plenty of iPhones sold for sure, and judging by the frenzy that is building up surrounding the handset, I am not surprised either.RELATED
- AT&T CEO Doesn't Believe They Can Keep Doing Huge Device Subsidies In The Future
- Nokia RM-964 With 5.2-inch Display Spotted
- Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- ASUS PadFone Set To Arrive Stateside
- Huawei Ascend P7 Tipped To Roll Out In April 2014
- Follow: china, china telecom, iPhone, iPhone 5, iphone5,
- Seen at: thenextweb