While the iPhone 5 has yet to be announced, many are already speculating about its launch date. The general consensus seems to be that the iPhone 5 will be announced in some time in October, although recent reports are suggesting that come this 4th October, the much awaited handset will be announced at an event which will be held at Apple’s Cupertino campus, but as far as launch dates are concerned and according to reports, 14th of October seems to be the favored date.
This claim comes Japanese website Macotakara who is claiming that come 14th October, US, UK, France, Germany and Japan will be able to get their hands on the iPhone 5. French carrier Orange’s CEO made a comment a while back that put 15th October as the launch date, so the 14th of October date seems to be in line with his claims.
For those interested, the 14th of October is a Friday, which has also been the day that the first generation iPhone was launched in 2007, the iPhone 3G in 2008 and the iPhone 3GS in 2009, with the exception of the iPhone 4 launching on a Tuesday in 2010.
Update 2.07PM: The invitations to the official iPhone announcement have been sent out – so it looks like we’ll find out when the final release for the iPhone will be on October 4th. Stay tuned!RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- iPhone 6 Prototype With 4.9-Inch Screen Being Tested [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Amazon's 2014 Smartphone Rumored To Feature 3D Gestures And Eye Tracking
- WSJ "Confirms" iPhone 5c Orders Being Cut
- Follow: france, germany, iPhone 5, japan, launch, release, uk, us,
- Seen at: appleinsider