We had just reported that purported iPhone 4S parts had leaked, with the source supposedly informing AppleInsider that there would be no iPhone 5 this year, which begs the question – how does that explain a post on China’s Weibo that has a photo of what is claimed to be the A5 processor residing in a mainboard that is looking rather distinct from that of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2?
While we can’t confirm whether this part is genuine or simply created to generate some traffic, but for the sake of discussion, we’ll just take this at face value for now. The photo also shows what appears to be a 1,430mAh battery, which is a very, very slight jump from the iPhone 4’s 1,420mAh’s lithium-ion battery pack.
What’s more interesting is the A5 chip, which many had suspected and speculated would be making its way into the iPhone, although the same could be said about the iPhone 4S, which is expected to also see a bump in speed but keeping the design similar to the iPhone 4. Since we actually have no way of verifying the authenticity of the photo, let’s not get our hopes up as to whether it will be an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, or possibly both.
Next Story: Plethora of purported iPhone 4S parts pictured
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2013-08-13: iPhone 5 Reportedly Explodes And Injures Woman's Eye In China
- 2012-12-14: iPhone 5 Debut In China Is Slow
- 2012-12-06: iPhone 5S leaked pics show slight difference to iPhone 5 [Rumor]
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-08-17: iPhone 5 leaked photo suggests elongated Home button and larger display