It is more or less a given that many guys won’t mind having enough money to throw around in purchasing a sports car or exotic supercar sometime during their lifetime, and such companies want to do their level best to grab your attention (and subsequently, money). The Porsche 911 has long catered to many generations of discerning drivers, but Jaguar might just have something to challenge that legend with the Jaguar C-X16 hybrid concept.
What makes this two-seater concept so desirable? Well, first of all, it does seem to be near production-ready status., and sports a supercharged V6 which has the glorious sound of 375 horses underneath the hood, producing 332 lb-ft of torque. Apart from that, a 95hp, 173lb-ft electric motor will be able to move your vehicle at up to 50 mph for short distances. In order to help the C-X16 have a perfect 50:50 weight balance, it comes with a 1.6 kWh battery pack mounted right behind the front seats.
To make sure the battery pack remains juiced up, Jaguar employs the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) that relies on regenerative braking to get the job done, and if you need an added touch of power, just press a button on the steering wheel and feel the rush of speed.
Jaguar claims the C-X16 is able to touch 60 mph in just 4.3 seconds, boasting a top speed of 186 mph. Hopefully when the real deal comes about, it will be pocket friendly as well and priced competitively against the venerable Porsche 911.
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03: Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03: Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2011-08-30: Ford Evos: Cloud Connected Car
- 2011-05-06: Jaguar C-X75 entering production in 2013
- 2010-03-01: Plug-in electric hybrid Porsche 918 Spyder concept car
- 2010-03-27: Triblade Delivery Tricycle Concept Uses A Hybrid Engine
- 2010-09-30: Concept: Jaguar C-X75 Electric Supercar