Kik Messenger, the cross-platform messenger service that’s available on most mobile operating systems was a massive hit earlier this year, especially on BlackBerry devices. But something happened between the company and RIM, with the latter having a problem with the service and disabling push notifications for it on BlackBerry devices. Since a messaging app without push is essentially useless, it faded away from the Blackberry platform after awhile.
But according to reports online, it looks like Kik Messenger is back and fully functional on the BlackBerry operating system. The developers of Kik have silently issued a new (non-RIM sanctioned) version of the app that is said to be working just like it was before. Apparently they’ve found a way around disabled Push notifications by using its own servers to handle them. Kik messenger users on BlackBerry, it’s time to get back on the service again. Head here to check out the latest version of Kik Messenger for BlackBerry.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry os, RIM,
- Seen at: rimarkable