Kik Messenger, the cross-platform messenger service that’s available on most mobile operating systems was a massive hit earlier this year, especially on BlackBerry devices. But something happened between the company and RIM, with the latter having a problem with the service and disabling push notifications for it on BlackBerry devices. Since a messaging app without push is essentially useless, it faded away from the Blackberry platform after awhile.
But according to reports online, it looks like Kik Messenger is back and fully functional on the BlackBerry operating system. The developers of Kik have silently issued a new (non-RIM sanctioned) version of the app that is said to be working just like it was before. Apparently they’ve found a way around disabled Push notifications by using its own servers to handle them. Kik messenger users on BlackBerry, it’s time to get back on the service again. Head here to check out the latest version of Kik Messenger for BlackBerry.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2011-12-06 Blackberry Porsche P'9881 appears at the FCC, could be headed towards AT&T
- 2011-11-16 RIM remains committed to their keyboard phone design
- 2011-11-02 BlackBerry Torch 9810 officially announced for T-Mobile
- 2011-10-27 Blackberry Porsche P'9881 announced
- 2011-10-04 RIM to announce BlackBerry X at this month's DevCon?