Remember the Kobo eReader Touch Edition that we covered slightly more than a week ago that hit Best Buy? Well, it has now arrived in Germany, where over 80,000 German language titles in addition to 2.5 million eBooks are available for your reading pleasure, literally making it the largest eBookstore in Germany by far. Among the popular titles include the Perry Rhodan Series, Stieg Larsson’s “Verdammnis,” “Der ultimative Ratgeber fur alles” (Dieter Nuhr) and “Die Frau an seiner Seite” (Heribert Schwan).
It makes sense for Kobo to roll out the official launch at IFA 2011 which is held in Berlin, Germany, where visitors will be able to give Kobo’s localized German Touch eReader a run for its money right on the spot. Kobo will also put on offer free German-language apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, where there is also an eReading app available for PlayBook as well. Apart from being localized, everything else about the Kobo eReader Touch Edition remains the same in terms of hardware as with the North American version. [Press Release]
- 2014-02-06: Kobo Chosen To Be Sony’s Choice Of eBookstore For The Sony Reader
- 2013-10-20: Kobo Arc 7 HD And Kobo Arc 10 HD Make FCC Appearance
- 2013-08-27: Kobo Aura Announced, Comes In Black And Pink Shades
- 2013-08-27: Kobo Arc 10HD Set To Rock And Roll
- 2013-08-27: Kobo Has The Arc 7 For Tablet Newbies