Granted that summer is over and there’s less time or reason to go to the beach, but if you’ve ever needed a waterproof video camera that will allow you to capture the fun times shared with your friends on the beach, Kodak has just announced their Playfull Waterproof video camera, which is basically the waterproof version of the original Playfull video camera series.
The device will feature 720p video recording, which is a drop from 1080p that was featured on the original Playfull, but we guess that’s the price you have to pay for waterproof features. Kodak has advertised the Playfull Waterproof as being able to survive underwater up to depths of 10 feet for two hours. Not just content with being waterproof, it is apparently dust resistant and shock proof, able to withstand drops from up to 5 feet.
The camera will feature a special white balance that adapts to the color bias underwater, comes with a 2” LCD and will sport an SDHC card slot that will let you slot an additional 32GB for up to 10 hours worth of video recording. It is expected to be made available in the fall for $100, or $120 which includes a 4GB memory card.RELATED
- Apple Patent Reveals Lytro-like Camera Plans
- Confectionery Company Will Print Your Instagram Photos As Marshmallows
- Sony And Hasselblad Rumored To Have Worked On A New Sensor Together
- PanoPal Is An iPhone, Android Accessory That Helps Take Panoramic Shots
- Lytro Manages To Raise $40 Million In Funding Towards New Products
- Follow: kodak, waterproof,
- Seen at: fareastgizmos