Looking for your fix of Tomb Raider on your Android phone? If you have an Xperia Play, we’ve got some good news for you. It has been announced that the cooperative-heavy Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, is making its way to Android – as an Xperia Play exclusive. The game that’s been out for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and iOS devices will finally be on the Google operating system this year.
It will be the first of many Square Enix titles that will be ported over to Android as Xperia Play exclusives. If you’re wondering why Xperia Play – it’s because the games will be developed to take advantage of the physical gamepad that is part of the phone. Even though this means that a lot of people won’t get to play the game, I guess it gives people some incentive to buy the Xperia Play in the first place. No word on how long the exclusivity on the games will last, but look out for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in November 2011.
Next Story: PlayStation Home 1.55 headed your way tomorrow
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2011-12-23 Xperia PLAY gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-12-22 OnLive Mobile now supports Xperia PLAY
- 2011-12-01 FIFA 12 is exclusive for the Xperia Play until February 2012
- 2011-09-29 Sony Ericsson giving away four games for Xperia Play on October 1st
- 2011-09-08 AT&T releases Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G