While the LG Optimus 3D was only released not too long ago, it looks like the company has a successor already in the works. It has been reported that LG has plans for a super slim 3D phone called the LG Optimus 3D. How slim will it be? Well, we’re talking about a 7mm-thick 3D Android phone. If the bulkiness of current 3D phones turns you off, you’ll be pretty excited about this super slim device.
Other than that, no other information was released, but the phone is slated for a 2012 release. LG also predicted that smartphones are going to have larger displays and will be around 6mm-thick starting from next year onwards, which is great news for everyone looking to get their hands on a large and slim phone – assuming his predictions come true. But LG believes that their 3D technology will make their handset stand out from the crowd, and that’s what people are looking for. What do you think about 3D on smartphones?
Next Story: BMW tests out laser headlights to replace LEDs
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2011-11-18: Ice Cream Sandwich ported to Samsung Galaxy S2 and LG Optimus 3D
- 2011-08-17: AT&T LG Thrill 4G delayed again
- 2011-07-18: LG Optimus 3D to get 2D to 3D conversion for apps with Gingerbread
- 2011-02-13: LG Optimus 3D officially announced
- 2011-02-01: LG Optimus 3D to debut at Mobile World Congress