The folks over at BeSpoke Arcades, a premier arcade manufacturer in the UK, collaborated with a renowned street artist, SHOK-1, to come up with a limited edition, one of a kind arcade machine and have put it up for auction. Called the Art-cade machine, this custom made arcade machine isn’t like any regular machine that you can find at the local indoor theme park.
It features over 350 games preinstalled, a huge 28″ over HD TFT display, 2 controllers with 10 buttons each, a mounted trackball and a light gun (also customized by SHOK-1). Inside the cabinet, it packs a dual-core Intel PC system with a large HDD, an emulator that’s compatible with 1000s of games, four USB 2.0 ports, a DVD writer, WiFi connectivity, a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, and Windows 7 home edition. The Art-cade also packs full PS3 compatibility, so if you have a PlayStation 3, you can plug it into the machine and play your favorite games on it, using the arcade stick as your controllers.
To top it all off, the cabinet of the Art-cade features artwork done by SHOK-1 and is protected by a lacquer layer to ensure it stays preserved in the years to come. And if the awesome arcade machine isn’t enough to make you want to bid for it – all proceeds from the auction will go directly to the British Red Cross Tsunami Relief Fund. So in addition to having a one of a kind arcade machine, you’ll be doing a favor for the folks in Japan affected by the tsunami earlier this year. The auction starts off at £5,000.00 ($7,906) and you can head here if you’d like to find out more about the auction or bid for the Art-cade.
Next Story: iPhone 4 Bumper Case to be discontinued? (Rumor)
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28: Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2014-03-14: SoftBank's CEO Reveals How He Brought The iPhone To Japan
- 2011-03-15: Limited edition Nintendo DS up for auction to raise funds for the Red Cross
- 2010-06-02: Asus Eee PC Netbook Turned Into an Arcade Machine Up For Auction
- 2010-08-17: Tablecloth Hour for those who want to hone tablecloth pulling skills