When everything is running fine and dandy, you feel as though you are king of the world, but throw a spanner in the works and things start to end up being horrendous – even more so in the tech world, where each mistake is viewed under a microscope. A corporation as large as Microsoft suffered quite the boo-boo today as their Hotmail, Office 365, and Live services were knocked out temporarily earlier in the day, affecting nearly 365 million users. We’re glad to inform you, however, that even as you read this, effort is being made to gradually restore all those services.
According to the official Office 365 Twitter feed, it mention that “We are investigating service interruption. Will update as soon as more details are available or within hour.” As for the official Windows Inside Live blog, it too, confirmed that its services had failed, informing users that “If you’ve been trying to use Hotmail, SkyDrive, or our other Live properties in the last couple of hours you may have noticed problems accessing our services.”
Were you affected by this outage, and did it turn into outrage?
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-03-31: Microsoft Details Smart Features For Office 365 Outlook Web App
- 2014-03-30: Microsoft Makes Changes To Policy After Hotmail Snooping Criticism
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2014-03-13: Microsoft Launches Office 365 Personal Subscriptions
- 2014-02-28: Los Angeles Unified School District To Use Microsoft's Office 365