Skateboard legend Tony Hawk would definitely not be too pleased with this Motorized Skateboard that was conjured by The Miters from MIT who recently paraded their invention at the World Maker Faire in New York. Of course, this is not ready to be ridden just yet using nothing but leg power, but will still require a remote control to get it going – something that Charles Guan (in the video after the jump) says is “cheating” – but only for the moment until they perfect their invention.
This particular motorized skateboard boasts a custom drivetrain, and 500-watt hours of lithium ion batteries inside, where the grand total of 1 horsepower is able to help this deck can hit a top speed of 20mph. Not too shabby, no?RELATED
- Hi-tech Sensors Might Help In The Fight Against Obesity
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- Follow: skateboard,
- Seen at: blog.makezine