Skateboard legend Tony Hawk would definitely not be too pleased with this Motorized Skateboard that was conjured by The Miters from MIT who recently paraded their invention at the World Maker Faire in New York. Of course, this is not ready to be ridden just yet using nothing but leg power, but will still require a remote control to get it going – something that Charles Guan (in the video after the jump) says is “cheating” – but only for the moment until they perfect their invention.
This particular motorized skateboard boasts a custom drivetrain, and 500-watt hours of lithium ion batteries inside, where the grand total of 1 horsepower is able to help this deck can hit a top speed of 20mph. Not too shabby, no?
Next Story: iPhone 5 button to undergo change?
- 2013-08-27: 3D Printed Skateboard Is Sturdy Enough To Actually Ride
- 2012-06-07: Trail Rider Gnarboard has super fast acceleration rate
- 2012-04-26: ZBoard electric skateboard to get custom models
- 2012-02-24: Board of Imagination – a mind-controlled skateboard
- 2012-02-03: Radiate Skateboard is eye-catching