While we reported that owners of the Motorola DROID 2 who rock with Verizon Wireless will be getting their hands on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update really soon, word from Motorola themselves over at Twitter have pointed out that this will be happening in phases, where among the upgrades will include a new user interface amongst others.
The software update will end up as version 4.5.601.A955.Verizon.en.US, where it will comprise of a far more efficient download manager app that allows you to manage your collection of downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps. Apart from that, you can also take advantage of a new “Running” tab that shows off a list of active applications and the amount of storage and memory used by each.
Other changes include multi-touch key-chording, which basically allows you to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos without having to revert to the numeric keyboard mode. In addition, improved word selection and copy functionality lets you select a word via press-hold, while a second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
You can check out the list of full changes here in the form of a PDF file if you’re interested.RELATED
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Microsoft Reportedly Considering Waiving Windows Phone And Windows RT Licensing Fees
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Twitter Updates iOS, Android Apps To Send Photos Through Direct Messages
- Follow: android 2.3, droid 2, gingerbread, Motorola, motorola droid 2,