When the Motorola XOOM Android tablet made its debut, it didn’t ship with 4G LTE connectivity. Consumers had to wait for Motorola and Verizon to provide the upgrade to the tablet, and now, after many months – it’s finally here. Motorola has just announced on its official Twitter account that beginning tomorrow, the 4G LTE upgrade for the Motorola XOOM will be available.
Users will have to visit the Verizon website for the complete instructions on how to get the 4G LTE update, but it basically involves shipping off your tablet in a protective box, and waiting for about six business days to get it back. and yes, the upgrade is free (your 4G LTE service won’t be though). Oh, and don’t forget to back up/encrypt all the data you have in the tablet. You can never be too safe in these situations. Head here to find out more, or check out the getting ready instruction guide here (PDF).
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2011-08-25: Select Motorola Xoom users to receive 4G LTE upgrade
- 2011-06-07: Motorola Xoom LTE upgrade on its way?
- 2011-04-12: Sprint Motorola Xoom – WiFi-only first followed by WiMAX 4G version
- 2011-04-05: Motorola Xoom and Atrix sales are disappointing
- 2011-03-01: Motorola not giving rooted Xoom tablets LTE?