When the Motorola XOOM Android tablet made its debut, it didn’t ship with 4G LTE connectivity. Consumers had to wait for Motorola and Verizon to provide the upgrade to the tablet, and now, after many months – it’s finally here. Motorola has just announced on its official Twitter account that beginning tomorrow, the 4G LTE upgrade for the Motorola XOOM will be available.
Users will have to visit the Verizon website for the complete instructions on how to get the 4G LTE update, but it basically involves shipping off your tablet in a protective box, and waiting for about six business days to get it back. and yes, the upgrade is free (your 4G LTE service won’t be though). Oh, and don’t forget to back up/encrypt all the data you have in the tablet. You can never be too safe in these situations. Head here to find out more, or check out the getting ready instruction guide here (PDF).RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: 4g, Android, lte, Motorola, motorola xoom, Tablet, upgrade, xoom,