Until now, one of the major problems with Mozilla’s Firefox browser is the fact that it’s a memory hog. With each version the developers have been trying to fix it, but now – Mozilla claims to have finally solved the issue. With the latest version of Firefox, version 7, the browser is touted to use up to 50% less memory – a necessity for folks who keep Firefox running all day and have tons of tabs open.
Other improvements to Firefox 7 include enhanced graphical performance with hardware acceleration, a major speed boost for Firefox Sync, some UI enhancements, stability and security updates, and more. This update is said to be a significant improvement as opposed to the minor updates in version 5 and 6. Just load up the Help dialog box to update your browser directly, or visit the Mozilla website to download Firefox 7.
Next Story: HTC Radar 4G officially announced by T-Mobile
- Google's Eric Schmidt Believes They're Sufficiently Protected From Government Spying
- Europol Warns That Data Theft On Public WiFi Is On The Rise
- Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- comiXology Experiences Security Breach, Password Reset Required
- Yahoo Maps Now Offers Indoor Navigation