Great news, Netflix users. After all the bad press that the video on demand service has been getting recently, it looks like Netflix is finally doing something that consumers approve of. The latest version of the Netflix app for Android that just hit the Android Market has been updated to work on all Android devices that are running Froyo (2.2) or Gingerbread (2.3). I wonder what happened to the Qualcomm exclusivity.
Either way, you no longer have to resort to running that hacked APK that you can’t update through the Android Market and have no official support for. Head over to the Android Market to get your hands on the latest version of Netflix now. Let us know in the comments if it works for your phone.
Next Story: HTC announcement on the 20th
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality
- 2012-05-22: Netflix for Android gets updated with "enhanced playback experience" and bug fixes
- 2011-12-14: Netflix unveils new iPad app
- 2011-10-24: QuickOffice HD 5.0 on the way
- 2011-10-19: Netflix for Android updated
- 2011-05-26: Netflix for Android updated to support more devices