On the official Netflix blog today, the company posted an apology concerning its recent decisions over the past few months – especially the increase in prices. While it didn’t take back any of the charges or reverse any of the changes, Netflix did announce something important. In a few weeks, the DVD service will be completely separated from the streaming service and it will be given a new name: Qwikster, while Netflix will remain as a streaming-only service.
While consumers won’t have to do anything – account details etc will automatically be migrated to Qwikster. But if you’re subscribing to both Netflix and Qwikster, you’ll have two separate accounts and will have to handle two separate charges. If you change any details (i.e. your address, number) you’ll have to do it on both sites. Oh and from now on you’ll have to handle all your rentals and transactions at Qwikster.com.
However, one improvement Qwikster will have over Netflix is that users will now be able to rent video games as well. What do you think of the splitting of services? Watch the apology and explanation video:
Next Story: Audi dash display offers more than the usual
- 2014-04-23 Netflix Taps Arrested Development Creator For More Shows
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Commits Millions For New Online Video Ventures
- 2014-04-14 Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-08 Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08 Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off