A while back we reported that the Circle Pad peripheral for the Nintendo 3DS was confirmed, and now it looks like a date and price have been attached to it. It seems that not much fanfare accompanied its arrival as it made its way onto the Nintendo website rather quietly.
Now for those who are interested in getting their hands on the Circle Pad (or Slidepad as some are claiming it to be the official name), it will set you back ¥1,500 which is roughly $19.50, and it will require a single AAA battery to get it up and running. Unfortunately it does not look like the additional battery will do anything to extend the life of the Nintendo 3DS itself.
The Circle Pad/Slidepad is expected to hit the shelves in Japan come 10th of December (which coincidentally is the launch of the Sony Android Walkman Z Series!), although no word on when it is expected to start shipping to other markets, although it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine it reaching us in the states some time in 2012.
Next Story: Samsung goes after Apple in France
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2013-04-18: Luigi-Themed Nintendo 3DS XL Headed To Japan On July 18
- 2011-12-13: Nintendo Circle Pad Pro announced for the 7th of February 2012
- 2011-10-25: Hori steering wheel peripheral for Mario Kart
- 2011-09-15: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata: "Absolutely not" to smartphone games
- 2011-08-10: Elecom's Bluetooth TK-FBP030E keyboard is compatible with a variety of Apple devices