Don’t you just love concepts that have been turned into reality because of one man’s (or a team’s collective) vision? Well, I guess the people behind Nissan’s Renault Twizy-based New Mobility Concept can be proud and lift their heads up high – considering their urban electric vehicle that was originally unveiled in November last year is about to be unleashed upon the roads in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Just yesterday, Nissan announced that seven electric Mobility Concepts will start to make their way across public streets in and around Yokohama, Japan, where they will play an important role in Nissan’s urban mobility trial. While the maiden batch of Mobility Concepts will arrive on October 15th, expect the second phase to kick off slightly more than a month after that – on November 17th.
If you happen to be in Japan after November 17th, you might want to make a bee line for the Mobility Concept as that is when local residents and tourists alike will be able to get behind the controls of this two seater on public roads – hopefully without running into any accidents, of course.
This zero-emissions vehicle has a top speed of 50 miles per hour, and measures a mere 7.7 feet in length to make parking in tight spots (something urban commuters can identify with) a snap.
Next Story: GM front center airbag is industry's first
- 2013-06-03 Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15 Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08 Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03 Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03 Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2011-11-10 Nissan Pivo 3 electric vehicle parks itself
- 2011-11-04 Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28 Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-02-10 Nissan ESFLOW electric production concept
- 2010-08-01 Enyoii electric car concept