Surfing Nokia Australia’s site showed off the up and coming Nokia N9 – and surprisingly, it retailed for 299 Euros, which is definitely not the currency of choice whenever you travel Down Under. Not only that, it seemed that clicking on the link to purchase the handset does nothing but refresh the page – perhaps one of the webmasters made a boo boo of the situation, and has failed to realize it? The only thing Australian about the page is the URL, otherwise everything else, including information on the mobile carriers point towards an European release. Hopefully this will be fixed sooner rather than later.
Since then, there are reports from people all over the world, with someone from Singapore chiming in that the N9 will arrive in the developed city-state from October onwards in two flavors – 16GB and 64GB, retailing for S$799 and S$899, respectively. At press time, the error remains.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2011-11-07: Nokia City Scene gives you a full-on visual location-aware experience
- 2011-10-26: Nokia N9 making of video shows how the Lumia 800 was made
- 2011-09-29: Nokia N9 goes all white
- 2011-09-27: Nokia N9 begins to ship
- 2011-08-10: Nokia N9 misses out the UK boat as well