Those of you looking forward to get a Nokia phone running on Windows Phone 7 – good news. It has been reported that Nokia has “increased confidence” about shipping its first Windows Phone product this year. The company has previously slated a late 2011/early 2012 release date for its first WP7 device, but judging by the latest reports, it looks like it’ll be this year instead of next, which should be good news for everyone looking forward to the Nokia-Microsoft combo.
Nokia and Microsoft entered a partnership earlier this year to create Nokia WP7 devices and since then everyone’s been wondering about how it’s going to turn out. Nokia has been given permission to customize Windows Phone to its liking, which could give it an edge over the other manufacturers producing phones with the same platform as well, but it’s too early to tell right now. Either way, we can’t wait to see what the first Nokia WP7 phone will be like. Do you think Windows Phone could help pull Nokia out from its current slump?
Next Story: Kyocera Digno ISW11K headed to KDDI
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2011-12-08 Nokia and T-Mobile event on December 14th
- 2011-11-16 New Nokia Windows Phone render leaked on video
- 2011-11-15 Nokia and deadmau5 to illuminate London for Windows Phone
- 2011-11-10 Nokia Champagne calls for celebration
- 2011-11-07 Nokia Lumia 800 Review