LG Mobile and Gameloft decided that any publicity is good publicity, but good thing what they embarked on is positive – by turning the realism factor in gaming up by several notches thanks to the larger than life “N.O.V.A. 3D” gaming tournament that happened right smack in the middle of Hollywood. With the LG Thrill 4G glasses-free 3D smartphone that boasts a 1GHz dual-core processor and dual-channel dual-memory, those interested converged to compete against one another at the Hollywood & Highland Center so that they can be crowned tournament champion and pick up over $10,000 worth of LG products.
After the dust had settled, Carlos Bautista emerged as the champion, picking up a new LG Thrill 4G phone, an LG Infinia 65″ Cinema 3D 1080p LED HDTV, an LG 3D Wireless Blu-ray player, and a $100 AT&T gift card amongst others.
Guess 3D gaming on-the-go might just pick up a notch after this, but I don’t think it will really take off in the mainstream for many years yet to come as there really isn’t enough practical use for 3D gaming when 2D is enough, not to mention having less strain on the phone’s battery life itself. [Press Release]
Next Story: EA teams up with Aeria Games
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2012-01-04 LG P535 and A540 3D notebooks
- 2011-12-22 LG to unveil DM92 27" 3D display with 1mm bezel at CES 2012
- 2011-09-26 Play Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in 3D first
- 2010-05-11 LG And Microsoft To Offer 3D Gaming On Your Xbox 360
- 2010-07-19 LG Unveils Its R590 3D Notebook