OnLive, the cloud-gaming company, has launched its service in the UK with BT as a partner. This is OnLive’s first foray outside the United States and the launch comes with all the games that OnLive has worked hard to get on their platform.
If you are not familiar with OnLive, it works on the principle that a game can be run remotely and streamed at ultra-low latency back to your TV or computer, in real-time. Game command from the user are sent back to the remote machine to ensure interactivity. The advantage of this method is that gamers don’t have to own the actual hardware that runs the game, OnLive will take care of that. Instead, users have a tiny box that just contains enough processing power to stream data back and forth. OnLive also works with select mobile devices and on personal computers.
UK users will get the benefit of having a “mature service” and a large array of games from day 1. BT users (18+) can register and try OnLive now by going to www.bt.com/onlive. The 3-month trial period include 100+ games and unlimited access for free.
Next Story: Netflix to add more TV content
- Microsoft Adds Jinni Engine To Improve Xbox Video Recommendations
- Pixelate Interactive Dining Table Lets You Game While You Eat
- Ubisoft's Rabbids Starring In Nickelodeon Show Starting August 3
- Dragon Quest Slime Salt And Pepper Shakers Available On July 26
- Netflix Launches Content Suggestion Engine Called Max Onto PS3